Stephanie's Photos

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Had a wonderful week-end!!!!



I'm back! I drove an hour and fifteen minutes to my friend's house for the week-end! It was a blast! For dinner this is what it consisted of: coffee, ice-cream, and more coffee! :) Well, I had tea the second time around! LOL! We walked around the harbor shops and just enjoyed a beautiful evening talking and just catching up on life and what the Lord has been doing! The next day, we went to church and we joined the college group in prayer and fasting and after the service, we all got together in the fellowship hall and prayed and worshipped the Lord for three hours straight! It was beautiful! We prayed for our generation and that we would be men and women of God who would surrender all for the sake of the Gospel! That the Lord would purify us and cause us to throw off everything that would hinder us from going deeper with Him! Then we went to the college service and had communion together and afterwards we went out to eat at Chili's! We decided to break the fast together! :)It was a precious time! We watched movies together, talked to her boyfriend on web cam, chatted, and just had a great girl week-end!

On Sunday afternoon, God provided in such an amazing way! I was hanging out with my friend, Samantha, and her friends at one of the guy's apartment until the service started, and while we were there something amazing happened! I randomly mentioned something about Christ for the Nation's worship night and come to find out, this guy is going to school there. He starts giving me advice of what classes to take, who I should meet, etc...and is encouraging me that it will dramatically change my life and cause me to want to dig deeper into the scriptures and totally grow me in my prayer life. All of a sudden, he gets up off the couch and leaves, comes back into the living room and places a stack of books on my lap and says, "Here Stephanie, you are going to need these for your second semester. Those will save you $80! God told me to give these to you!" I was stunned! LOL! Oh my goodness!!! Thank you Lord!!! He is sooo faithful to provide for His children! Anyway, I also got a gift card from him that he didn't want that was worth $25 for Saltgrass Steakhouse! So I went out to eat with my parents last night and got a yummy chicken fried steak with garlic mashed potatoes and then treated them for dessert...which was key lime pie! :) We talked about the week-end and just marveled at what the Lord is doing in and through our lives for His glory!

Now, I'm home and I sure do have to clean my room today! It's sooooo filthy! I love the feeling of clean! Now outside, I don't mind getting dirty...but inside, well, that's another story! I'm sooooo excited about going to Christ for the Nations this Fall!

~Steph

No comments: