Stephanie's Photos

Friday, December 21, 2007

Dreaming of a White Christmas

Okay, right now, I'm drinking a hot cup of cinnamon hazelnut coffee and writing my first blog post on my very own new blog to keep all of my wonderful sweet friends updated! Okay, so I know I'm a procrastinator! :P I just got my Christmas shopping done today! And it's the 21st! AH!!!! :) LOL! But I had an exciting day! I went to Wal-Mart, Target, Starbucks, Life Way and Old Navy! I didn't even try stepping foot into the mall! No way! Oh, I got a red/white fluffy Santa hat! :) It's so adorable! I'll take a picture of me wearing it tomorrow! Tonight, my fam and I wrapped all our Christmas presents and now our tree looks a little bombarded! :) Alan looked and said, "Either this can look like we are very selfish or well.....very giving!" Cute comment! I love this season! I love Christmas! I love snow! I love hot cranberry cider! I love fires! I love Christmas music! I love Christmas movies! I love that we, as Christians, are able to celebrate the real meaning of the season, the birth of our Savior! My fam and I are going to celebrate our family Christmas on Christmas Eve. We normally have a brunch consisting of little bagel pizzas, mozzarella sticks, poppers and cheesy potato wedges (talk about heart attack food)...then we read the story of Jesus' birth and have a time to talk and pray...then we open our gifts....then we have a relaxing afternoon listening to Christmas music and just hanging out...then we get all dressed up for a candle lit Christmas Eve service....then we go out to eat at our favorite Chinese restaurant (which we've done for about 10 yrs.)....ummm...oh....we all pile up in our red 15 passenger van and go look at Christmas lights! As you can see, our special day is packed with wonderful activities that make so many precious memories that will be cherished! Oh, then on Christmas day my family and I are heading down to Houston to go celebrate Christmas dinner with my Mom's side of the family. :) My two cousins are wanting to cook up a storm for all of us! I so wish my cousin, Josh, was in town. :( He's in the Marines and is detained alot. Hopefully, I'll be able to see him in Jan. :) He's like a big brother to me. He's 25 years old and I just look up to him! Well, literally too! :) LOL!

Oh, I have exciting news! :) I'm not going to Christ for the Nations yet! :) God is so good! I just didn't have a peace about going this Spring. I really feel called to be home and to be there for my Mom more so now because she has been having some health problems. Please be praying for her. I'm going to dedicate this semester to writing my book, keeping up with my Bride of the Warrior blog, possibly working a Christian coffee shop down the street from my house, teaching expressive signing to worship music (three classes), having a nanny job, being my Mom's right hand person, being apart of the Dallas Christian Filmmakers, the Nick Project, working on building my hope chest with my Daddy and helping out at the hospital near my house. The Lord is so faithful to speak to His children when we allow ourselves to get quiet in the busyness of life and choose to submit ourselves to His leading. I am so thankful!

Have a Merry Christmas,
Steph


Here's my favorite Christmas song this Christmas:

How Many Kings

By: Down Here


Follow the star to a place unexpected

Would you believe, after all we've projected

A child in a manger?

Lowly and small, the weakest of all

Unlikeliest hero, wrapped in his mother's shawl

Just a child, is this who we've waited for?


How many kings step down from their thrones?

How many lords have abandoned their homes?

How many greats have become the least for me?

And how many gods have poured out their hearts

To romance a world that is torn all apart

How many fathers gave up their sons for me?


Bringing our gifts for the newborn Savior

All that we have, whether costly or meek

Because we believe

Gold for his honor, and frankincense for his pleasure

And myrrh for the cross he will suffer

Now, do you believe?

Is this who we've waited for?


How many kings step down from their thrones?

How many lords have abandoned their homes?

How many greats have become the least for me?

And how many gods have poured out their hearts

To romance a world that is torn all apart

How many fathers gave up their sons for me?

Only one did that for me.

All for me, all for youAll for me, all for you


To listen to the song go to:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephie Girl! :D

That was a WONDERFUL post! And I love the verses you have at the top--I've read them before, but lately they're hitting me more, I guess.

GOOD THING you didn't attempt the mall! :o I did and it was crazy!!! I had to park across the street! lol But it was fun--I don't mind crowds and enjoy shopping. ;D

I love how y'all take time to pray and share--so special and very appropriate. And LOL--who wouldn't you look up to?? :D

I'm excited to hear about your new plans for the spring. And yes, God is so good and faithful in how He directs us as we listen to Him. It's great you're wanting to serve your Mom in this special way--very honoring. :D

Thanks for letting me know about your new blog here! Merry Christmas Stephie!! :D <3